Re: [HACKERS] XQuery or XPathサポート - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Nikolay Samokhvalov
Subject Re: [HACKERS] XQuery or XPathサポート
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 3/5/07, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@postgresql.org> wrote:
> Is there any plan for supporting XQuery or XPath in 8.3?

I've submitted patch for simple XPath 1.0 support (based on libxml2):
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2007-03/msg00088.php

This function does XML parsing at query time. So, you should use
functional indexes over this function to reach good perfromance.

My curent plans include development of additional contrib module for
alternative (experimental), efficient support of XPath (no XML parsing
at query time), similar to Microsoft's ORDPATHs. This project is
called "xlabel" and I hope to implement its prototype soon.

--
Best regards,
Nikolay