--enable-xml instead of --with-libxml? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Nikolay Samokhvalov
Subject --enable-xml instead of --with-libxml?
Date
Re: --enable-xml instead of --with-libxml?  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
Now we have --with-libxml (and USE_LIBXML constant for #ifdef-s), what
is not absolutely right: XML support is smth that is more general than
"using libxml2 library". E.g., some SQL/XML publishing functions (such
as XMLPI) do not deal with libxml2.

Also, in the future more "non-libxml" functionality could be added to
"XML support" (well, Peter's recent SQL-to-XML mapping functions prove
it).

I think it'd better to rename configure option to --enable-xml and
USE_LIBXML to ENABLE_XML. I'll do it if there are no objections.

--
Best regards,
Nikolay