Re: What is the Best Postgresql Load Balancing Solution available ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Nikolay Samokhvalov
Subject Re: What is the Best Postgresql Load Balancing Solution available ?
Date
List pgsql-general
As for persistent connection with PHP, start from here:
http://php.net/pg_pconnect.

Also, I recommend to ensure that you have proper set of indexes on
your tables and your system doesn't use badly written queries (such as
join of several dozens of tables :-) ). There is an excellent tool
that can help you monitoring your database, pgFouine:
http://pgfouine.projects.postgresql.org/. I recommend it highly, it
really helps to understand what queries are "bottle neck" of your
system and when (the time of the day) the load reaches maximum.

Good luck.