Re: Getting Primary Key Value After Insert - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Nikolay Samokhvalov
Subject Re: Getting Primary Key Value After Insert
Date
List pgsql-general
As a alternative way, you may forget about sequence name and create
rule for you table - simple rule that will make 'SELECT idColumnName'
on every INSERT action.
After trying several approaches I've chosen this way in my projects.
It's better way if you have some framework (R2O layer or smth).

--
Best regards,
Nikolay