Re: BUG #16867: savepoints vs. commit and chain - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: BUG #16867: savepoints vs. commit and chain
Date
List pgsql-bugs

On 2021/02/17 3:03, Arthur Nascimento wrote:
> Hi, Fujii-san,
>
> On Tue, 16 Feb 2021 at 01:49, Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@oss.nttdata.com> wrote:
>> In the server side, ISTM that CommitTransactionCommand() needs to handle
>> the COMMIT AND CHAIN in TBLOCK_SUBCOMMIT case, but it forgot to do that.
>> Patch attached. I'm not sure if this is a bug or an intentional behavior.
>> Probably we need to look at the past discussion about AND CHAIN feature.
>
> I can confirm that your patch solved it for me. Thanks for looking into it.

Thanks for testing the patch!

As far as I read the past discussion about chain transaction,
I could not find any mention that current behavior that you reported
is intentional.

Barring any objection, I will commit the patch that you wrote
for psql and the patch I wrote.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao