overwrite the encoding of a database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Massa, Harald Armin
Subject overwrite the encoding of a database
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello,

I have an old PostgreSQL Database which was created with encoding = SQL_ASCII. That is an old sin of mine; 9years ago I did not know better.

Now I know better than to use SQL_ASCII.

On the bright side: I am totally sure that the TEXT within that database is in WIN1252 / CP1252 encoding.

Is there any way to overwrite the encoding-information? something like "udpate <specialsystemcatalog> set pg_encodingcol='xxx' where databasename='oldsin';

Best wishes,

Harald

--
GHUM Harald Massa