Re: postgreSQL & amazon ec2 cloud - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Harald Armin Massa[legacy]
Subject Re: postgreSQL & amazon ec2 cloud
Date
List pgsql-general
John,

>> Is it possible to host postgreSQL on Amazon's cloud? What are the issues
>> involved?
>
> in theory, sure.   anything is possible.
>
> in practice, as I understand it from my relatively superficial reading, fast
> storage is fairly expensive and limited in the EC2 compute cloud, and also
> not real persistent

That also was my understanding. But just today a message from AWS
dropped in my inbox:

"....Starting today, you can now launch Amazon EC2 running Windows or
SQL Server instances in the the EU Region,  ...."

So there must be some way to run a relational database with EC2, as
the storage requirements of SQL Server and PostgreSQL are not THAT
different.

Harald

--
GHUM Harald Massa