Re: Connecting to a MySQL database over a network - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Connecting to a MySQL database over a network
Date
List pgsql-odbc
On 07/15/2016 11:22 AM, Robert S. Bachman wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I emailed you about a year ago regarding a PostgreSQL database. I have
> another question, not
>
> Sure you can help or not.
>

> We have a client application that connects to a MySQL database over a
> network but we’re
>
> not able to connect.

The above does not make sense, you say it connects but is unable to
connect.

Can you be more specific?

> Is this something that’s possible using PostgreSQL driver or do we need
> to migrate our

The Postgres ODBC driver will not be able to connect to a MySQL
database, you will need a MySQL ODBC driver for that.

> MySQL database network Server to PostgreSQL?

What version of Postgres are you talking about?

If it is sufficiently recent there is FDW, some basic info:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Fdw

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/sql-createserver.html

--
Adrian Klaver