Re: Strange behavior: row won't delete - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Phoenix Kiula
Subject Re: Strange behavior: row won't delete
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 1:23 AM, Phoenix Kiula <phoenix.kiula@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 1:17 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Phoenix Kiula <phoenix.kiula@gmail.com> writes:
>>> How can I get rid of these open locks?
>>
>> Close the transactions that are holding them.  Look into
>> pg_stat_activity and pg_prepared_xacts.
>

> Thanks for this. But can I simply delete all the pg_locks table? Or
> delete all rows in pg_stat_activity? In my case the _xacts table is
> empty. Ideally I don't want to lose pg_stat_activity. I just want to
> change a RULE on a table. Is there any place I can do that?

I found 232 rows in pg_stat_activity of offending "current_query". How
can I delete them?

----
=# delete from  pg_stat_activity where current_query like 'UPDATE visitcount%';
ERROR:  cannot delete from a view
HINT:  You need an unconditional ON DELETE DO INSTEAD rule
----

Thanks!