Re: Are indexes blown? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Phoenix Kiula
Subject Re: Are indexes blown?
Date
Re: Are indexes blown?
List pgsql-general
On 15/02/2008, Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com> wrote:

> First guess is that it's not using the index. What does
>   EXPLAIN ANALYSE SELECT user_id FROM clients WHERE user_id LIKE '...'
>  show?
>
>  Check the list archives for locale and like and text_pattern_ops too -
>  that's a good place to check.

There is nothing to do with locale. The same database has been working
just fine for 2 years. Why should this be an issue now?

When I ran the EXPLAIN SELECT, the database was hanging. Or taking too
much time (waiting for 5 minutes), or whatever. I cancelled it.

That's the problem. It works, then it doesn't. Then it works again. I
am guessing it could be the load, but there's nothing new in terms of
load that should be causing this!