Re: [ODBC] SQL_QUERY_TIMEOUT - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Ondrej Dzivy Balucha
Subject Re: [ODBC] SQL_QUERY_TIMEOUT
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Hi,

This is only way to use SQL_QUERY_TIMEOUT?
Can I setup this in odbc.ini like global parameter for all my
connections (applications)?
It can be useful to independently check/break (outside application -
when using third-party applications ) dead connection or unexpected long
running query or other communication error.

Other databases(ODBC clients) has parameter to set up this in config file.
For example DB2 ODBC client has parameter ReceiveTimeout where I can
setup how many second client wait for response from server. After this
timeout client return communication error. This is great parameter for
situation when I use third-party applications, for example.

Regards

Ondrej Dzivy Balucha
Horizon, s.r.o. Prešov
Francisciho 21