Re: clarify equalTupleDescs() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tomas Vondra
Subject Re: clarify equalTupleDescs()
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I looked at this patch today. I went through all the calls switched to
equalRowTypes, and AFAIK all of them are correct - all the places
switched to equalRowTypes() only need the weaker checks.

There's only two places still calling equalTupleDescs() - relcache
certainly needs that, and so does the assert in execReplication().

As for attndims, I agree equalRowTypes() should not check that. We're
not really checking that anywhere, it'd be quite weird to start with it
here. Especially if the plan is to remove it entirely.

regards

--
Tomas Vondra
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company