Re: Primary key reference count - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Wiebe Cazemier
Subject Re: Primary key reference count
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Wednesday 19 April 2006 15:09, A. Kretschmer wrote:

> Yes,
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/catalog-pg-constraint.html

Either I'm blind, or this is not what I'm looking for. I need to know the
amount of references _to_ a primary key. If you have a customer with two
orders and one invoice, the reference count for the primary key of the
custormer would be 3.

I need to know if I can delete rows which are not referenced anywhere, without
catching the relational constraint exception. The reason I can't catch the
exception, is that I want the exception to arrive at my application and/or
tests.