Re: Covering GiST indexes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andreas Karlsson
Subject Re: Covering GiST indexes
Date
Re: Covering GiST indexes
List pgsql-hackers
Thanks for the new version of the patch. Based on my knowledge of PG
this is starting to look good, and I have only three small comments below.

I am not 100% a fan of truncTupdesc, but as long as it is well commented
I think that it is fine.

= Review

* I think it is worth writing a short comment when you create
truncTupdesc about why this is done.

* Very minor thing: the diff below is pointless churn on a line not
touched by the patch.

-                        values, isnull, true /* size is currently bogus
*/ );
+                        values, isnull, true /* size is currently bogus
*/);

* Another very minor thing: The diff below from gistFormTuple() should
probably be consistent about brackets.

+           if (isnull[i])
+               compatt[i] = (Datum) 0;
+           else
+               compatt[i] = attdata[i];

Andreas