Re: Disabling Triggers - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Franco Bruno Borghesi
Subject Re: Disabling Triggers
Date
List pgsql-general
You could add a TIMESTAMP field on the three tables (lets call it last_change), and modify your triggers to update this value every time a row is updated.

Then your trigger should update the boolean fields with the boolean value of the row with the max(last_change) in the three tables, only if the row of the table the trigger is being fired for is less than this max(last_change) value.

Hope this is understandable :)

Of course you could remove the boolean value from the three tables, create another table with the boolean value, and forget about the triggers. But I'm sure you have already though that.

Hope it helps.