Re: [HACKERS] WIP Patch: Precalculate stable functions,infrastructure v1 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marina Polyakova
Subject Re: [HACKERS] WIP Patch: Precalculate stable functions,infrastructure v1
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Hi Marina,

Hello again!

> I still don't see anything particularly wrong with your patch. It
> applies, passes all test, it is well test-covered and even documented.
> Also I've run `make installcheck` under Valgrind and didn't find any
> memory-related errors.

Thank you very much as usual!

> Is there anything that you would like to change before we call it more
> or less final?

I would like to add some primitive nodes for precalculation if their
behaviour allows to do it and their arguments/inputs are constant or
precalculated too; and regression tests for it, of course. Also I would
like to add some notes about precalculation of stable functions in
documentation, for example, here [1] and here [2].

> Also I would advice to add your branch to our internal buildfarm just
> make sure everything is OK on exotic platforms like Windows ;)

Thanks! Done)

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/xfunc-volatility.html
[2] https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/sql-createfunction.html
--