Re: Synchronizing slots from primary to standby - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Drouvot, Bertrand
Subject Re: Synchronizing slots from primary to standby
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 11/6/23 2:30 AM, Zhijie Hou (Fujitsu) wrote:
> On Friday, November 3, 2023 7:32 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>
>>
>> I don't see a corresponding change in repl_gram.y. I think the following part of
>> the code needs to be changed:
>> /* CREATE_REPLICATION_SLOT slot [TEMPORARY] LOGICAL plugin [options] */
>> | K_CREATE_REPLICATION_SLOT IDENT opt_temporary K_LOGICAL IDENT
>> create_slot_options
>>

> I think after 0266e98, we started to use the new syntax(see the
> generic_option_list rule) and we can avoid changing the repl_gram.y when adding
> new options. The new failover can be detected when parsing the generic option
> list(in parseCreateReplSlotOptions).

Did not look in details but it looks like there is more to do here as
this is failing (with v39_2):

"
postgres@primary: psql replication=database
psql (17devel)
Type "help" for help.

postgres=# CREATE_REPLICATION_SLOT test_logical20 LOGICAL pgoutput FAILOVER;
ERROR:  syntax error
"

Regards,

--