Re: Understanding sequential versus index scans. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Robert James
Subject Re: Understanding sequential versus index scans.
Date
List pgsql-general
Is there anyway to tell Postgres "Run these two queries, and union their results, but don't change the plan as to a UNION - just run them separately"?
Something seems funny to me that running a UNION should be twice as slow as running the two queries one after the other.