Re: INSERT ... ON CONFLICT doesn't work - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: INSERT ... ON CONFLICT doesn't work
Date
List pgsql-general
On 12/1/21 11:20 AM, Jenda Krynicky wrote:
> So let's suppose I have a table like this:
>

> So pretty please with a cherry on top, how do I explain to postgres
> 13.4, that yes indeed by "Uuid" I mean the stinking column "Uuid".

The basic issue is described here:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/plpgsql-implementation.html#PLPGSQL-VAR-SUBST

"Since the names of variables are syntactically no different from the
names of table columns, there can be ambiguity in statements that also
refer to tables: is a given name meant to refer to a table column, or a
variable? Let's change the previous example to ..."

ERROR:  column reference "Uuid" is ambiguous
LINE 3:         ON CONFLICT ("Uuid")

Is occurring because there is ambiguity between:

"Uuid" text

in RETURNS TABLE and

"Lockers"."Uuid"

I would say the easiest way out of this is to change:

"Uuid" text --> "uuid_out" text

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com