Re: inserting multiple values in version 8.1.5 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From rkmr.em@gmail.com
Subject Re: inserting multiple values in version 8.1.5
Date
List pgsql-general
I need to do like 1000 inserts periodically from a web app. Is it better to do 1000 inserts or 1 insert with the all 1000 rows? Is using copy command faster than inserts?
thanks

On 4/2/07, Chris <dmagick@gmail.com> wrote:
rkmr.em@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi
> I am trying to insert multiple values into a table like this.
> INSERT INTO tab_name (col1, col2) VALUES (val1, val2), (val3, val4)
>
> This works in postgres version 8.2.1
>
> My production server runs in 8.1.5. It gives me
> ERROR:  syntax error at or near "," at character 35

That came in at v8.2.

You can't use it in 8.1.5.

--
Postgresql & php tutorials