Re: OpenSSL 3.0.0 compatibility - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: OpenSSL 3.0.0 compatibility
Date
List pgsql-hackers

>>> Being able to easily regenerate the testdata, regardless of
>>> expiration status,
>>> has proven very helpful for me when implementing support for new TLS
>>> backends.
>>> +1 for adding it to the Makefile.
>>>
>> OK, here's a patch.
>
> In src/test/ssl/ we have targets sslfiles and sslfiles-clean, and here
> we have ssl-files and ssl-files-clean.  Let's keep that consistent.
>
> Or, why not actually use the generated files from src/test/ssl/
> instead of making another set?

Honestly, I think we've spent plenty of time on this already. I don't
see a problem with each module having its own certificate(s) - that
makes them more self-contained -  nor any great need to have the targets
named the same.

cheers

andrew