Re: How to release locks - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrus
Subject Re: How to release locks
Date
List pgsql-general
>> It is not because of the locks. There is only running transaction (and it
>> got every locks). Not sure why the backend stucks there, seems it doesn't
>> aware of the broken client. In normal situations, if you killed a client,
>> then the server will print something like "could not receive data from
>> client" then exit the backend.

I tried to kill the process using pgAdmin Status page Cancel button.
pgAdmin responds:

A cancel signal was sent to the selected server process(es).

However, process continues running.

So it seems that child process does not  respond to  cancel signal from main
process.

I can reproduce this only in production database. I in test database it
works OK.

Andrus.