Re: I want to know how to improve the security of postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Qingqing Zhou
Subject Re: I want to know how to improve the security of postgresql
Date
List pgsql-general
""xiapw"" <xiapw@lreis.ac.cn> wrote
> Hi guys,can you give me some advices about how to improve the security of
> postgresql?
> Now I major in the security of postgresql and the destination is create a
> database with security level of B1(TCSEC),what should I do now,what
> program language should I use?
> Thanks!
> Sting

PostgreSQL has a very good fame of security in real-world applications, but
frankly it is at most in C2 level according to TCSEC standards (the in-core
support of "auditing" is missing). So to support B1, there are some
non-trivial work ahead I am afraid :-( I would suggest you have a look at
the TCSEC standards and list the *exact* functionalities that we don't
provide so far.

Regards,
Qingqing