Re: Problem: libpq, network traffic, memory usage - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alexander Scholz
Subject Re: Problem: libpq, network traffic, memory usage
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Scott,

> try
>
> declare cursor xyz as select ...
> fetch 100;
>
> and see how that works.

sorry for probably asking such a stupid question, but we are using a
PQexec(). Where should I specify that cursor declaration?

BTW: When executing

BEGIN WORK;
DECLARE "test" CURSOR FOR SELECT * FROM "TEST";
FETCH FORWARD 100 from "test";
CLOSE "test";
COMMIT WORK;

in pgAdmin III, then no data is being displayed and the following
message (just a rough translation, I have a German frontend) is being
displayed in the message log: "Query result with 100 rows has been
supressed. Query successfully completed after 50ms. No rows returned."

How do I get the values?

Another question: Does the ODBC oder OLEDB driver being provided for
Postgres already support this? Then we might switch from libpq over to
ODBC or OLEDB.

Thanx in advance,

Alexander