pg_autovacuum - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sim Zacks
Subject pg_autovacuum
Date
List pgsql-general
select version()
"PostgreSQL 8.0.1 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC
i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc (GCC) 3.3.5  (Gentoo Linux 3.3.5-r1, ssp-3.3.2-3,
pie-8.7.7.1)"

I am using PG_Autovacuum with postgresql 8.01 and it doesn't seem to be
doing anything. I've seen it work on other machines where a log item is
entered each time a table is touched.

I tried starting it with pg_autovacumm -d 1 -U postgres
(I purposely didn't daemonize it because I wanted to see what it was
doing) and it showed that it was adding all the tables, but then it just
sat there for 2 hours without doing anything else.

The stats_collector and stats_row_level are both set to true.

Neither the postgresql.log file nor the pg_autovacuum.log file have
anything about it in them.