Re: Why pgAdmin III guru suggests VACUUM in 8.1 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrus
Subject Re: Why pgAdmin III guru suggests VACUUM in 8.1
Date
List pgsql-general
Jim,

> Upsizes? Are you adding more data? If so then yes, analyze would be
> good, though autovacuum should handle it for you.

I create new Postgres database, upsize a lot of data into  it. After that
this database goes online and will receive a lot of transactions daily.
I'm using PG 8.1 default postgres.conf file.

I read than autovacuum may skip some tables which can cause wrong guru
hints.

So it seems that I should run manually VACUUM ANALYZE for the whole database
once for initial statistics colection of those tables, isn't it?

Andrus.