Re: [ADMIN] ERROR: could not read block - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Qingqing Zhou
Subject Re: [ADMIN] ERROR: could not read block
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote

> Would a simple retry loop actually help?  It's not clear to me how
> persistent such a failure would be.

[with reply to all followup threads] Yeah, this is the key and we definitely
have no 100% guarantee that several retries will solve the problem - just as
the situation in pg_unlink/pg_rename. But shall we do something now? If
Kevin could help on testing(you may have to revert the registry changes :-()
, I would like to send a patch in the retry style.

Regards,
Qingqing