Re: Postgresql replication - Mailing list pgsql-general

From William Yu
Subject Re: Postgresql replication
Date
List pgsql-general
It provides pseudo relief if all your servers are in the same building.
Having a front-end pgpool connector pointing to servers across the world
is not workable -- performance ends up being completely decrepit due to
the high latency.

Which is the problem we face. Great, you've got multiple servers for
failover. Too bad it doesn't do much good if your building gets hit by
fire/earthquake/hurricane/etc.