Re: Restore database into azure PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Restore database into azure PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
On 7/11/19 9:25 AM, mahesh ravilla wrote:
> Hi, when restore a on promises database into azure PostgreSQL. I am ge3a
> error please help ASAP.
>
> Could not connect to server :connection refused
> Is the server running on host " azure_server_name" (000.000.000.00)  and
> accepting
> Tcp/ip connection on port 5432?

Connection troubleshooting:

1) Verify Postgres server is actually running.

2) Verify what port it is listening on(5432 is default).

3) Verify correct hostname.

4) Check to see if there is a firewall blocking the Postgres server port.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com