It is not documented that pg_promote can exit standby mode - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From ikedamsh
Subject It is not documented that pg_promote can exit standby mode
Date
change a function name in a comment correctly  (Masahiro Ikeda <ikedamsh@oss.nttdata.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

The document(high-availability.sgml) says that there are only two ways
to exit standby mode.

 26.2.2. Standby Server Operation
 Standby mode is exited and the server switches to normal operation when
pg_ctl promote is run or a trigger file is found (promote_trigger_file).

But there is another way, by calling pg_promote function.
I think we need to document it, doesn't it?

I attached a patch. Please review and let me know your thoughts.

Regards,
Masahiro Ikeda
Attachment