copy command - date - Mailing list pgsql-general

From novice
Subject copy command - date
Date
List pgsql-general
What is the best method to load the following?
I'm having trouble loading the date field.  Should I convert it first
or should I be using a text processor before loading the data in?

3665   OK           SM 07/07/13 06:09
5162   OK           SM 07/02/12 06:10
3665   OK           SM 07/06/19 06:10

                                              Table "pm.maintenance"
     Column      |           Type           |
    Modifiers
 maintenance_id  | integer                  | not null default
nextval('maintenance_maintenance_id_seq'::regclass)
 meter_id        | integer                  |
 status          | character(11)            |
 inspection_date | timestamp with time zone |
    "maintenance_pkey" PRIMARY KEY, btree (maintenance_id)

Thanks!