Re: use-regular-expressions-to-simplify-less_greater-and-not_equals.patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: use-regular-expressions-to-simplify-less_greater-and-not_equals.patch
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 8/10/21 11:27 PM, 孙诗浩(思才) wrote:
>      we can use regular expressions (<>|!=) to cover "<>" and "!=".
> There is no
> need to have two definitions less_greater and not_equals, because it
> will confuse developer.
> So, we can use only not_equals to cover this operator set.

I don't understand the problem being solved here. This looks like a
change with no discernable benefit. I don't agree that the current code
is substantially more likely to confuse developers. And the lexer is not
something that gets a lot of change.

cheers

andrew

--