Re: PQendcopy:resetting connection Problem and Cannot insert a duplicate key into unique index - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: PQendcopy:resetting connection Problem and Cannot insert a duplicate key into unique index
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 3:31 PM, Wang, Mary Y <mary.y.wang@boeing.com> wrote:
> Thanks Scott and Tom.
> Yes.  I know, I know that I need to upgrade :-)
> What would be the newer version of pgsql (I mean a bit higher version of my current version) that provides that
capabilityof telling me what the duplicated key was ?

I'd recommend going to 8.3.x if possible, or 8.4.2, the latest version.

Not sure how far back it would tell you which value caused the
failure, but more importantly, 8.3 is will run circles around 7.1 and
is much easier to keep happy from a maintenance perspective.