Re: performance config help - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: performance config help
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 10:54 AM, Bob Dusek <redusek@gmail.com> wrote:
>> You want to use some connection pooling which queues requests when
>> more than some configurable number of connections is already active
>> with a request.  You probably want to run that on the server side.
>> As for the postgresql.conf, could you show what you have right now,
>> excluding all comments?
>
> The problem with connection pooling is that we actually have to achieve more
> than 40 per second, which happens to be the sweet spot with our current
> config.

Number of parallel processes doesn't equal # reqs/second.  If your
maximum throughput occurs at 40 parallel requests, you'll get more
done reducing the maximum number of concurrent processes to 40 and
letting them stack up in a queue waiting for a spot to run.