Re: In memory Database for postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: In memory Database for postgres
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 2:06 PM, aravind chandu <avin_friends@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
>                Thanks for your reply,but what I am actually looking for is
> database should be an in-memory database and at the same i want to store
> that data into disk so that data won't be lost when the system restarts or
> in case of power failure. Can you guys tell me the procedure how to do this?
> your help will he greatly appreciated.

But that's just the point people have been making.  A small enough db
will be cached completely in memory, and the only time you'll have to
access the disks is the first read, and during writes, which can be
made to happen mostly after the fact and not influence the rest of the
db.

You're trying to reinvent a wheel to solve a non-existent problem.