Re: High consumns memory - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: High consumns memory
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 12:59 PM, Anderson Valadares
<andervalbh@gmail.com> wrote:
> Scott
>
>  the problem is that the memory gets higher and higher each PL/SQL procedure
> call.
>
> Some “I don’t know what” is not been freed(released) from the memory after
> execution.
>
> There’s any way that I can see what is allocated and released when the
> PL/SQL procedure is called or finished ?

I think you just aren't familiar with how memory is accounted for in
top.  Honestly, nothing looks out of place there.  Do you know VIRT
RES and SHR mean in top?  There's a good post here that explains it
for the most part:

http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/1445