Re: COPY ... FROM Permission denied ... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: COPY ... FROM Permission denied ...
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 11:41 AM, Pedro Doria Meunier
<pdoria@netmadeira.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> This is a bit embarassing ... but ...
>
> I have a partial set of data that I want to restore via COPY ... FROM command
>
> I have created a public folder for the effect and chown'ed both the folder and
> the file to be fed into COPY to a+rw ...
>
> I switched users with su - postgres and connected to the DB with the psql
> command
>
> All I'm getting is a Permission denied upon issuing the COPY command from
> within psql interactive terminal! :O

What is the exact error you're getting?

It's better to usually use copy from stdin which has none of these
problems.  It's the same syntax tat pg_dump uses when it creates a
backup.

For example:

COPY b (a_i, b) FROM stdin;
1    moreabc