Re: COPY ... FROM Permission denied ... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Pedro Doria Meunier
Subject Re: COPY ... FROM Permission denied ...
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Scott

Txs for replying.

Anyway I've found the problem (silly me... (blush) )
It had to do (of course) with the "forest" perms in the folder tree ...
As soon as I moved the file into the data/ folder and executed the COPY ...
FROM feeding it the file from that location everything worked as expected. :]

Thanks again.

Pedro Doria Meunier
GSM: +351961720188
Skype: pdoriam

On Tuesday 06 January 2009 06:48:47 pm Scott Marlowe wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 11:41 AM, Pedro Doria Meunier
>
> <pdoria@netmadeira.com> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > This is a bit embarassing ... but ...
> >
> > I have a partial set of data that I want to restore via COPY ... FROM
> > command
> >
> > I have created a public folder for the effect and chown'ed both the
> > folder and the file to be fed into COPY to a+rw ...
> >
> > I switched users with su - postgres and connected to the DB with the psql
> > command
> >
> > All I'm getting is a Permission denied upon issuing the COPY command from
> > within psql interactive terminal! :O
>
> What is the exact error you're getting?
>
> It's better to usually use copy from stdin which has none of these
> problems.  It's the same syntax tat pg_dump uses when it creates a
> backup.
>
> For example:
>
> COPY b (a_i, b) FROM stdin;
> 1    moreabc