COPY ... FROM Permission denied ... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Pedro Doria Meunier
Subject COPY ... FROM Permission denied ...
Date
Re: COPY ... FROM Permission denied ...  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: COPY ... FROM Permission denied ...  (Craig Ringer <craig@postnewspapers.com.au>)
List pgsql-general
Hi All,

This is a bit embarassing ... but ...

I have a partial set of data that I want to restore via COPY ... FROM command

I have created a public folder for the effect and chown'ed both the folder and
the file to be fed into COPY to a+rw ...

I switched users with su - postgres and connected to the DB with the psql
command

All I'm getting is a Permission denied upon issuing the COPY command from
within psql interactive terminal! :O

So:
a) The Christmas *spirits* killed a billion of my brain cells
b) I need to go to postgresql kindergarden
c) I'm missing something very basic

Could someone please lend a hand?

Thanks in advance,

Pedro Doria Meunier