Re: COPY ... FROM Permission denied ... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: COPY ... FROM Permission denied ...
Date
List pgsql-general
Pedro Doria Meunier wrote:

> I have created a public folder for the effect and chown'ed both the folder and
> the file to be fed into COPY to a+rw ...

The server user (usually via the "group" or "other" permissions blocks)
must also have at least execute ('x') permissions on every directory
between the root directory (/) and the directory containing the files of
interest.

> All I'm getting is a Permission denied upon issuing the COPY command from
> within psql interactive terminal! :O

Do you have SELinux on your system? It may be denying the server access
even though the plain UNIX permissions would otherwise allow it, because
the server normally has no good reason to be accessing files from
wherever you've put them.

--
Craig Ringer