Re: Execute Shell script after insert - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: Execute Shell script after insert
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 12:21 PM, Hannes Dorbath
<light@theendofthetunnel.de> wrote:
> Anderson dos Santos Donda wrote:
>> Is there a way to execute a simple shell script in server after execute
>> INSERT INTO ?
>>
>> Example?
>>
>> INSERT INTO clients (name) VALUES ('Donda');
>>
>> after it, execute shell : mkdir $1
>
> You might find the following project useful:
>
> http://plsh.projects.postgresql.org/
>
> It adds sh as a procedural language to your PostgreSQL installation.
> Please be aware that there are the same security concerns as with all
> other untrusted procedural languages.

Note that if you can't get that to work (I think there were some
issues with it and the latest versions of pgsql) you use almost any
untrusted pl language to accomplish the same thing, plperlu, plphpu,
pltclu etc...