Re: How to get schema name which violates fk constraint - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: How to get schema name which violates fk constraint
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 11:27 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Tom Lane escribió:
>>> In the second place, the reason most of our messages don't already
>>> contain schema names is that in the past we've judged it would be
>>> mostly clutter; and given the infrequency of complaints I see no
>>> reason to change that opinion.
>
>> I tend to disagree.  We can run a poll in a wider audience.
>
> We already have a large poll: divide the number of complaints on this
> topic since 7.3 came out by the number of users ...

But it could well be a chicken and egg issue.  People don't use a lot
of schemas because the support for error reporting and other stuff is
not finished, so they can't complain about a feature they don't use.
Just a thought.  I like schemas, but they do feel like some parts
aren't quite done.