Re: Postgres database as a client/server architecture - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: Postgres database as a client/server architecture
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 12:23 AM, Mohammed Rashid <mail4rashid@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have use the Postgres database as a client/server architecture.
> I mean I want to run the clients on different PCs and want that all
> the transactions should get automatically updated in the server.
> It should also take care of network disconnections and update the
> server after network connections automatically.

PostgreSQL already is a client server architecture.  However, it
sounds like what you're actually looking for is some kind of client AS
server method where the clients can operate independently then update
the database at some later date.

PostgreSQL has no facilities to do this on its own.