Re: declare column update expression - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: declare column update expression
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 1:35 AM, Chris Velevitch
<chris.velevitch@gmail.com> wrote:
> In 7.4, how do I declare that a column in a table is to be
> automatically set to the value of some fixed expression whenever a row
> is updated?

Oh yeah, if you can upgrade from 7.4 that would be a good idea, it's
getting a bit old and the newer versions of pgsql like 8.3 are
literally many times faster at most things.  We just upgraded from 8.1
to 8.3 and resolved a lot of performance issues, I can't imagine how
slow it would be running 7.4 nowadays.