Re: Restore a backup into a new schema - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: Restore a backup into a new schema
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 3:33 AM,  <timalou2@netcourrier.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to restore a backup schema to another schema ?
>
> For instance I create a backup of a database called "source" with its public schema with pg_backup
>
> I want to restore this backup in a database called "dest" into a new schema called public2

Easiest way is to edit the pg_dump file by hand or use sed / awk to
change it on the fly.

If there's a lot of data and that makes it tough to do that, look into
dumping the schema and data separately, but this doesn't always work
quite right for some complex schemas.