Re: Insert into master table ->" 0 rows affected" -> Hibernate problems - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: Insert into master table ->" 0 rows affected" -> Hibernate problems
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 7:38 AM,  <Mattias.Arbin@tietoenator.com> wrote:
> I have implemented partitioning using inheritance following the proposed
> solution here (using trigger):
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/interactive/ddl-partitioning.html
>
> My problem is that when my Hibernate application inserts to the master
> table, postgres returns "0 rows affected", which causes Hibernate to throw
> an exception since it expects the returned row count to be equal to the
> number of rows inserted.
>
> Is there a solution to this, i.e. to get Postgres to return the correct
> number of rows inserted to the master table?

PostgreSQL IS reporting the correct number of rows inserted into the
master table.  0.

There's some setting in hibernate that will tell it to ignore that
returned number of rows, but I can't remember it right now.