Re: Request: Anyone using bogus / "humorous" X-Message-Flag headers, could we please turn them off - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: Request: Anyone using bogus / "humorous" X-Message-Flag headers, could we please turn them off
Date
In response to Re: Request: Anyone using bogus / "humorous" X-Message-Flag headers, could we please turn them off  ("A. Kretschmer" <andreas.kretschmer@schollglas.com>)
Responses Re: Request: Anyone using bogus / "humorous" X-Message-Flag headers, could we please turn them off  ("A. Kretschmer" <andreas.kretschmer@schollglas.com>)
List pgsql-general
On 10/8/07, A. Kretschmer <andreas.kretschmer@schollglas.com> wrote:
> am  Mon, dem 08.10.2007, um 12:00:30 -0700 mailte Richard Broersma Jr folgendes:
> > >
> > > Can you please see this shit of broken lines? This is from YOU!
> >
> > I use yahoo. I guess that yahoo's web-based client must be broken also, since I've seem email I've
> > posted has produce broken lines.  I am not sure if this was already mentioned, does anyone know of
> > non-html windows email clients that work well for this mailing list?
>
> As far i can see your mails are correct. But one exclusion: please no
> CC: to the sender, i'm reading the list.
>
> But yes: thats all isn't realy a problem and that has nothing to do with
> our topic. Please, no war about email-software. We are all PG-users and
> the idea behind the list is to help together and not to fight against.
> Peace and end of discussion about this, okay?

Actually CC to the sender is the norm on this list.  I believe there
is a majordomo command that will cause it to change the reply to all
headers such that you won't get the CC.

The reason for the CC to sender is that someone may be reading the
list who isn't necessarily subscribed to it, from such things as being
CC'd from another list, etc...

If they replied only to the list, you might not see their reply for
several hours while it was being moderated.

More info available by sending an email to majordomo@postgresql.org
with help in the body...