Re: Parameter name standby_mode - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joachim Wieland
Subject Re: Parameter name standby_mode
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 8:59 AM, Heikki Linnakangas
> Agreed. I've changed it now so that if primary_conninfo is not set, it
> doesn't try to establish a streaming connection. If you want to get the
> connection information from environment variables, you can use
> primary_conninfo=''.

Why not just remove the default:

If no primary_conninfo variable is set explicitly in the configuration
file, check the environment variables. If the environment variable is
not set, don't try to establish a connection.

?

Joachim