Re: Listen / Notify - what to do when the queue is full - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joachim Wieland
Subject Re: Listen / Notify - what to do when the queue is full
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 5:16 PM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> These are the on-disk notifications, right?  It seems to me a bit
> wasteful to store channel name always as NAMEDATALEN bytes.  Can we
> truncate it at its strlen?

Attached is a new and hopefully more or less final patch for LISTEN / NOTIFY.

The following items have been addressed in this patch:

 - only store strlen(channel) instead of NAMEDATALEN bytes on disk
 - limit to 7-bit ASCII
 - forbid 2PC and LISTEN/NOTIFY for now
 - documentation changes
 - add missing tab completion for NOTIFY
 - fix pg_notify() behavior with respect to NULLs, too long and too
short parameters
 - rebased to current HEAD, OID conflicts resolved

Joachim

Attachment