Re: Migration of DB2 java stored procedures to PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Laurenz Albe
Subject Re: Migration of DB2 java stored procedures to PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 2020-08-24 at 16:32 +0000, Dirk Krautschick wrote:
> for a potential migration from DB2 on DB2/z to PostgreSQL I have to take care of a whole
> bunch of java stored procedures. Would that be a show stopper here or is a migration
> somehow possible or is it anyway the same because Java = Java?
>
> Any experiences/recommendations or helpful ressources?

There is PL/Java, but it is not part of the core PostgreSQL distribution, so you'd
have to build it yourself.

If performance is important or you don't want to depend on third-party modules,
post the code to PL/Python or PL/Perl.  If the code is just glue around some SQL,
PL/pgSQL might be the best choice.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe
--